Ameri House is a historical house in Kashan. It was built during the Zand era (1750-94) for Agha Ameri, the governor of Kashan, who was responsible for maintaining the security of the route between Tehran and Kerman. This historic mansion has 85 rooms and several courtyards, the oldest of which are the Andarouni (interior), which was used by women and servants, and Birouni (exterior) which was mostly used by men. The house has the tallest of residential wind towers among Kashan traditional houses. The house has seven-door Shahneshins (alcove) and a few three-door chambers. This mansion has been lavishly decorated with Girih tiles, stucco reliefs, moqarnas , wall paintings, and monabbat. It was rebuilt in the 19th century, after the city was ravaged by a series of massive earthquakes in the 18th century. The Ameri House has been turned into a museum.